Friday, July 30, 2010

Trip to Kebun

The trip was unplanned.
I was planning to take the kids to IKEA and drop JY off for her clay class.
But K called and asked if I wanted to go to Triang.
I was planning a trip to Tasek Bera the day before, so I jumped at the chance to have a preview of the place.
The flexibility of unschooling my kids.
Triang: Along the Pahang river, there are numerous stalls selling live tilapia and patin.

Pahang river looked muddy, big and treacherous. I don't think I am all that keen to go to Tasek Bera anymore.

My kids love going to Kebun. They love playing with the dogs, cats, plucking fruits, feeding the fishes and I guess the moment they are most fond of is when the generator is switched off. This is when everyone congregates on the verendah to enjoy the night. Most of the time there will be lots of talk of the good old days. This time around it was about back when there were lots of hornbills and gibbons before the forest was cleared for the development of the Karak Highway.


I don't usually like yellow rambutans but this tree gave lovely sweet rambutans with flesh that did not stick to the seeds.

I didn't realise that I was stepping on a nest of cobras as I took this photo.

I was too busy running to take a photo of the black baby cobra.

No comments: