Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Harvesting @ Melaka


Spot the boys.

First harvest of the day, millipedes


I wandered off to the bananas and left the boys to themselves, leaving Fai in charge.


Kongkong had been harvesting since 8am and was now cutting the bananas into combs.


Packing the bananas


Pesticide free okra


JY at work picking out the fat, long ones.


I went to check on the boys as they were rather quiet. I expected Ean to start looking for me after 5 minutes.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were not only contented where they were but they had also set up a harvesting system.
Fai and Ean would scout around for ripe pumpkins.


Then hand them to Han


Han would pile the pumpkins up


And brush away mud and dirt


JY's okra


The boys' pile of pumpkins. They kept asking me how much they earned that day.
Han is tending to his millipedes.

No comments: